by B&F services Administrator | Category Entrepreneurs
If you’re looking to start or expand your company in another country, the UK is an ideal place. Reasons for this include:
- The UK has one of the lowest corporation tax rates in the G20
- You can register a company within 48 hours
- The labor force is the second largest in the Europe
- The UK government offers support to start-ups and entrepreneurs
Help for start-ups and entrepreneurs
The Department of International Trade’s Global Entrepreneur Program (GEP) helps overseas entrepreneurs and early stage technology businesses or start-ups that want to relocate their business to the UK.
The program has so far helped to:
- Relocate 340 businesses to the UK
- Create over 1000 jobs in the UK economy
- Raise over £1 billion of private investment for companies
Support is free and includes:
- Help to develop business plans
- Assistance with relocating to the UK
- Providing introductions to investors
- Guidance on how to grow internationally
- Mentoring from experienced entrepreneurs
- Continued help once located in the UK
In return for this support, overseas entrepreneurs are encouraged to set up their headquarters in the UK.
To qualify for GEP support, you must be:
- An overseas-based entrepreneur or technology business
- Looking to establish your global business headquarters in the UK
A team of 19 successful entrepreneurs, known as ‘dealmakers’, will help people set up and expand their businesses from the UK.
Endorsement for an entrepreneur visa
Entrepreneurs with businesses which have high growth potential can apply for an Entrepreneur visa to come to the UK. To do this they need to have received funding of at least £50,000 from an approved organization (venture capital firm, UK government, or through a Department of International Trade endorsed seed competition).
The Department of International Trade has endorsed certain Seed Competitions which support applications for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa for entry to the UK.
- TechStars London
- Oxygen Accelerator
- Entrepreneur First
- Emerge Education Accelerator
- StartPlanet NI
Apply for an entrepreneur visa
Guidance for Entrepreneurs setting up in the UK